The Colorado Community College System (CCCS) is hiring a Student & Instructional Support Specialist to join our Academic Technology team at the System Office. In this position you’ll be responsible for providing help desk services to CCCS students, faculty, and instructors regarding the teaching and learning technology environment, which includes the learning management system (LMS), digital integrations, and other third-party systems. You’ll address escalated support tickets regarding CCCS college users from the 24x7 Support Desk vendor. If you’re looking for an opportunity to work for an enterprise organization in a remote environment, this position may be for you!
The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, noon to 9 pm; weekends, from 8 am to 5 pm; with two days off during the week (days off can be determined before hire).
We offer generous time off, excellent benefits, and flexible work schedules, including fully remote work within the state of Colorado for this position.
- Work closely with the CCCS AT and college support desk teams to respond to Tier II support requests escalated from the 24x7 Support Desk vendor or CCCS colleges. Work with the AT team and each college’s support team to resolve user issues with technology. Respond to support telephone calls and emails regarding support issues by engaging the right department or person.
- Review and ensure knowledge base, FAQ/self-help sites, how-to guides, and schedules for upgrades and maintenance are current and accurate. Recommend and develop knowledge base articles and support materials for instructors, faculty, and students.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the 24x7 Support Desk about issues, ticket solutions, and communications to college representatives.
- Handle information, alerts, and communications regarding Support Desk vendor and participate in necessary communications to other college groups, leaders, and the system users, as needed, including the Learning Technology Council as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field. Substitution: Progressively responsible work experience in a related field may substitute year for year for the required bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of one year of experience providing technical support to users.
- Experience with troubleshooting web technologies from the user perspective.
For the full job announcement and to apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cccs/systemoffice/jobs/3810110/student-instructional-support-specialist.