Summary of Position
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness and welcome you to visit the RRCC Inclusion & Diversity webpage for additional information.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting-edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
Position Summary: Red Rocks Community College School Age Child Care Site Manager is responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the out of school time program. This position is responsible to plan and implement activities, providing direct supervision of children, fostering professional relationships with the school personnel, and secure supplies and reports for the program. This position is also responsible for complying with all licensing requirements and regulations as stated by the Colorado Dept. of Human Services for a program of 20-35 kids daily.
Description of Position
- Ensure the program is in compliance with the Colorado Dept. of Human Services rules and regulations for licensing a School-Age Program. Comply with Jefferson County Health Dept. regulations, Metro Fire Dept. regulations, and District guidelines for safety and supervision. Enroll, interact, supervise and support children to ensure their safety by following and enforcing Red Rocks Community College SACC policies and procedures. Promote healthiness of the RRCC SACC program by enrolling a minimum of 20 -35 kids per day.
- Administrative duties of filing, copying, prepare and implement lesson plans, monthly calendars, newsletters, and other necessary site forms for child files and staff files. Develop, implement and evaluate the curriculum for children ranging in ages 5-12yrs. Promote the positive reputation and image of the RRCC SACC program by having an engaging and quality program.
- Observe the budget and spending guidelines for the site by familiarizing self with all aspects of the site budget and p-card process to ensure that all resources are managed effectively and within budgetary constraints. Collect records and payments for outstanding balances, along with denying care when necessary for non-payment of services. Prepare reports and monitor revenue and expenses monthly, and work with the accounting dept. to ensure accounts are in good standing.
- Maintain appropriate ratio, provide staff accountability and professional development. Preparing staff schedules, reviewing staff time sheets, assist with evaluating group leader's performance, attend staff meetings, host family meetings and other necessary meetings to facilitate communication and teamwork.
- Ensure program rooms and play areas are maintained, cleaned and orderly. Access that all materials are safe and in good repair for use of children in the program by inspecting, sanitizing and replacing necessary materials and equipment. Secure supplies, materials, and groceries for the program. Submit supporting documentation for accountability of resources.
- Develop and actively maintain positive communication and relationship with families, children, school personnel administrative staff and other community partners. Provide information regarding the program, children’s development and progress in the program to interested parties.
To see the full job posting and to apply, visit: