Summary of Position
At RRCC we are committed to Inclusive Excellence. We strive to create a community in which everyone feels respected and valued for their unique talents and contributions, and where people from all backgrounds are able to achieve their goals. Red Rocks Community College acknowledges that inclusion and equity are multifaceted and complex concepts, and that our efforts in these areas will require innovation, intention, and an institutional commitment to these principles. To learn more about our commitment to Inclusive Excellence, visit https://www.rrcc.edu/diversity.
Connect daily and make a difference in the lives of thousands of students working to earn an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or a Master’s degree at Red Rocks Community College (RRCC). RRCC has two campuses: our main campus in Lakewood, Colorado and our campus in Arvada, Colorado. Red Rocks is Colorado’s premier community college and the fourth largest in the state, serving over 15,000 students each year. RRCC has an academic journal and a literary journal.
Red Rocks Community College is seeking a Radiologic Technology Instructor to provide instruction to students enrolled in the JRCERT accredited x-ray technologist training program at RRCC. Student instruction occurs primarily at the Arvada campus, but also via online coursework and clinical internship at medical facilities. Instruction occurs primarily at the Arvada campus, but also via online coursework and clinical internship at medical facilities.
For this Radiologic Technology Instructor role, the instructor acts as the representative of the college at the clinical site, traveling year-round to multiple clinical settings to provide instruction to students and maintain communication with clinical site staff.
Schedule negotiable, Tues/Wed preferred. 8-16 hrs/week. Pay rate is $42.33/hr. Mileage reimbursed at $0.56/mile.
All applications will be reviewed in the order that they are received on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Candidates are encouraged to submit a complete application packet early for full consideration.
Description of Position
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Advise, mentor and train students to help them develop the necessary skills and attitudes needed to perform as radiologic technologists
- Maintain effective communication with the Clinical Coordinator, Program Director, Clinical Preceptors and other clinical site staff
- Act in a supportive role to the program and to faculty teaching the curriculum, ensuring that instruction is consistent and effective
- Ensure that all policies are upheld
- Actively participate in program events, meetings, trainings and assessment activities
- AAS Degree in Radiologic Technology
- ARRT Registered Technologist in Radiography RT(R)
- 2+ years of paid clinical experience in radiologic technology.
- Experience with course development, instruction, evaluation, and academic advising
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Ability to interact and communicate effectively in all settings (in-person, remotely, written, and verbal correspondences) with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
To view the full job description and apply: