Lamar Community College needs a capable administrative assistant to support the Career and Technical programs at our institution. Under the general supervision of the Academic Services Dean and Nursing Department Chair, the Instructional CTE and Nursing Coordinator is an exempt position responsible for providing support to Career and Technical Education Departments in a variety of areas, including administrative and staff support. Major responsibilities include: Nursing Program Admissions processes, Nursing administrative support, including recording minutes and organizing required documentation, such as VE 135. In addition, this position oversees CTE Advisory committee processes. As a support to the functioning of Nursing and CTE Departments, the individual must be highly organized, collegial, customer-service oriented, trustworthy, reliable, able to exercise independent judgement and critical thinking skills.
Examples of Duties:
- Provide administrative support Nursing Admissions Processes.
- Maintain all documents for Nursing, including meeting minutes, student paperwork. The individual must oversee answering the phone, scheduling appointments, meetings, and reservations; maintain office calendar, manage complaints, and generally oversee the functioning of the Nursing Department in its administrative processes.
- Oversee the input of all exam questions for the Nursing Department; perform troubleshooting on IT, proctor exams, including Nursing exams and entrance exams for Nursing Department.
- Oversee the submission of syllabi for ALL CTE programs, including requesting syllabi from instructors, reviewing syllabi for correctness, and submitting syllabi to the "Needs Approval" folder on the O Drive
- Manage all CTE Advisory Board meetings, including communicating with CTE faculty on date and time, sending invitations both electronically and via mail to advisory board members, tracking attendance, keeping accurate minutes and membership lists, and ensuring that CTE Faculty cover all topics in meetings required by State requirements
- Assist CTE faculty and Academic Dean in purchasing, travel reimbursements and budget management; and other clerical tasks
- Assist in providing the necessary support to college processes, including cross-training and providing coverage for essential college activities, at times which may occasionally occur due to growth, seasonal demands, or unexpected shortfalls in personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree required or equivalent related work experience
- Work experience in an office management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- One year of administrative support experience preferred
- Experience in a college setting preferred
- Knowledge of Colorado’s Career and Technical Education programs preferred
- Detailed clerical skills preferred.
For the complete job description and to apply, please visit the LCC website at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cccs/lcc/jobs/3619749/intructional-career-and-technical-education-cte-and-nursing-coordinator?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs