Lamar Community College is seeking applicants for the Excellence in Teaching Fall and Spring Fellowship Program. The 30-week program, which runs mid-August through mid-May is designed to provide young scholars extensive teaching experience in a strong teaching-centered, rural community college atmosphere.
This year's concentration focuses on Physical Sciences, and the Fellow will be responsible for teaching 12-15 credits per semester in the following courses:
- Chemistry 101
- Chemistry 111-112
- Geology 111-112
- Environmental Sciences 111-112
The fellowship provides opportunities for community-based lectures on a topic of the scholar’s choice; one-on-one mentorship with an experienced community college faculty member; and bi-weekly pedagogical development consultations with the College’s Academic Dean. Throughout the 30-week period the Fellow will have the opportunity to have their teaching observed and gain a letter of recommendation from the Dean addressing their teaching experience and attributes as an instructor.
Lamar Community College is located in Lamar, Colorado.
The Award is open to master candidates, doctoral candidates, and recent Master or Doctoral graduates and seeks to help outstanding young scholars gain teaching experience as a step towards distinguishing themselves in higher education’s competitive job market.
First review of applications: August 4, 2022
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for delivery of instruction of physical science courses
- Conduct both classroom and lab instruction
- Advise students enrolled in degree programs
- Participation in departmental, divisional and college-wide activities, to include curriculum and professional development
- Function as a team member of a program area/department and division
- Teaching assignments may include alternative delivery settings to include asynchronous, synchronous, self-paced, tutorial, evening and weekend offerings
For a full job description and to apply online, please visit our website at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cccs/lcc/jobs/3651689/excellence-in-teaching-fellowship-program-physical-sciences?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs