Summary of Position
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness and welcome you to visit the RRCC Inclusion & Diversity webpage for additional information.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting-edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
About Child Care Innovations: Child Care Innovations is a department of Red Rocks Community College managing diverse funding provided by state, federal, county, private contracts, and fees. Child Care Innovations operates the Child Care Resource and Referral Agency, serving Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Douglas, Gilpin, Jefferson, and Park counties.
Through an Interagency Agreement with Colorado Department of Human Services, Child Care Innovations licenses facilities in Adams, Jefferson, Clear Creek, Gilpin, Larimer, and Weld counties.
Child Care Innovations' mission is to help improve quality, access, availability, and equity in early childhood services and supports. We do this through the provision of regulatory services, training and support for caregivers and early childhood professionals, advocacy, and innovative community partnerships that promote the importance of early childhood experiences and the connection to school readiness and the overall health of families and communities.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for working with early childhood providers in workforce development through the Child Care Development Specialist Apprenticeship.
This position will primarily work remotely. Applicants from across the State of Colorado are encouraged to apply.
Description of Position
- Conduct on site visits with early learning professionals to support on the job learning and education related to apprenticeship.
- Assist apprentice in obtaining the skills and knowledge necessary for Early Learning employment.
- Work with management to assure apprentice is provided the opportunity to obtain skills in the competency areas, and that the work site is following established standards.
- Participate in the applicant review and interview process.
- Collect and manage program related data.
- Gather data on hours of participation and outcomes of processes.
- Provide initial determination as to whether completed coursework and professional development, and any previous work experience acquired by the apprentice aligns with the standards and could be accepted to help meet the requirements.
- Maintain all records of each apprentice including job learning and related instruction, job assignments, promotions, demotion.
- Monitor participation to assure maintenance of eligibility.
- Collaborate with other coaches and staff to support early learning providers in completion of set goals.
- Attendance at meetings and community events related to early learning workforce development and apprenticeship.
- Represent the apprenticeship program and present/provide information about the program.
- Take in information that could inform resource development efforts as well as additions or revisions to the program.
- Facilitate meetings designed to generate interest in the program and to recruit apprentices or works sites.
To see the full job posting and to apply, visit: