Summary of Position
Red Rocks Community College is seeking a Cardiac Sonography Skills Instructor! Our Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) Program is committed to excellence in education demonstrated by providing effective, hands-on instruction in the classroom and clinical settings. Graduates of the program provide safe, patient-centered care and quality diagnostic services to the community as sonographers.
At RRCC we are committed to inclusive excellence. We strive to create a community in which everyone feels respected and valued for their unique talents and contributions, and where people from all backgrounds are able to achieve their goals. Red Rocks Community College acknowledges that inclusion and equity are multifaceted and complex concepts, and that our efforts in these areas will require innovation, intention, and an institutional commitment to these principles. To learn more about our commitment to Inclusive Excellence, visit https://www.rrcc.edu/diversity.
This position is located on the newly expanded Arvada campus, with views looking along the Front Range to Boulder and beyond. The Arvada campus is a state-of-the-art instructional space for health sciences programs and facilitates inter-professional education in the fields of Diagnostic Sonography, Medical Assisting and Office Management, Nurse Aide, Physician Assistant, Radiologic Technology, and RN programs. Sonography students have access to a variety of ultrasound machines on campus providing hands-on experience prior to clinical internship. During internship, students are assigned a main clinical site for three full time semesters.
Position is needed for the Spring and Fall semesters.
Description of Position
Provides hands-on instructional support to students practicing Echocardiography exams in our DMS lab. Acts in a supportive role to the program and to faculty teaching the curriculum, ensuring that instruction between classroom and lab is consistent and effective.
- On-campus and online instruction of students
- Reviews, develops and revises course materials
- Evaluates and advises students
- Adheres to program policies and enforces ultrasound lab policies.
- Provides functional training and academic consultation.
- Participates in program events, meetings, trainings and assessment activities
- Assists Clinical Coordinator with clinical placements.
Graduate of a Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program
- Associate of Applied Science degree or Higher.
- ARDMS Registered Diagnostic Medical Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS).
Bachelor’s degree in medical imaging or related discipline
- 2 years of paid clinical experience as a Registered Cardiac Sonographer
- At least 3 months experience in course development, instruction, evaluation, and academic advising.
To view the full job description and apply: