The Colorado Community College System (CCCS) is hiring a Compliance Specialist to join our internal Audit team at the System Office. In this position you’ll plan civil rights monitoring reviews, conduct site visits, document and report on the results, and perform follow-up with sub-recipients to determine whether corrections are implemented. Civil rights reviews include measuring facilities to determine if the facilities are accessible to an individual with a disability as well as reviewing policies and procedures to determine if they comply with civil rights laws. Civil rights reviews are conducted at the 13 community colleges, eligible K-12 school districts, and other postsecondary institutions. This position serves as the Methods of Administration (MOA) Coordinator for the State of Colorado and works with educators throughout the State of Colorado to resolve accessibility and compliance issues related to civil rights compliance as well as prepares required reports submitted to the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to be a part of providing better access to education for all Colorado students, this position is for you! We offer generous time off accruals, excellent benefits, and flexible work schedules, including remote work within the state of Colorado.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of:
- Office for Civil Rights guidance including Title VI, Title IX, Title II (ADA), and Section 504
- Relevant Code of Federal Regulations
- Travel to educational institutions, measure facilities to ensure accessibility, and document results of measurements.
- Interview school and college personnel to determine whether practices and procedures comply with civil rights laws.
- Document results of test work and interviews in electronic working papers.
- Manage assigned projects according to department and federal deadlines.
- Technical assistance and follow-up on corrective action plans.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- One year of work experience with a background in a regulatory environment such as health care, paralegal, accounting, public policy, student affairs, counseling, or facilities management or other related industry.
To see the full job announcement and to apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cccs/systemoffice/jobs/3810005/compliance-specialist.